Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Fox for Alexander of Long Riston

Alexander

This was a combat scribal assignment done on a blank by Lady Haesel of Berneslai.

The text was written by Ari Mala and reads:

Lett it bee known bi theis our roial presents that we Robert and Delia princes insular knawing nat onnle by common repert but or one sarteyn knowlich of the fersomenis of Alexander of Long Riston upon the feild of battil bothe in myghte and musik with hertis ful gladd do hereby him rais to fellishippe of or right nobil and puisant order of þe fox. Dat. vij august a.s. liij.

Mala also did the lining, at which point I then offered to do the calligraphy. I probably would've lined it smaller, because -- as the calligraphy clearly shows -- I don't upscale well. The other alternative, which I only considered after it was too late, was that I should've swapped the lines for writing and the lines for spaces. I think that would've made it look better.


© 2018, Sara L. Uckelman.

No comments:

Post a Comment